Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 18 May 2023 16:53:55 GMT by Dave
Hi! I'm having some issues reporting a Redundancy Payment on my 22-23 return. The payment is in relation to a ceased employment that ended due to company insolvency in 21-22 tax year. The redundancy claim was then paid in 22-23 tax year by the Redundancy Payments Office (RPO). Normally any PAYE payments I have received appear automatically in the Self Assessment and I'm able to confirm them. This hasn't been the case with the Redundancy payment. The PAYE entry from the Redundancy Payments Office is, however, showing correctly in my PAYE Income Tax overview, but just doesn't populate on the Self Assessment. Should I enter this manually as an "EMPLOYMENT" with the RPO's PAYE Number, etc? It's worth mentioning the redundancy payment was below the £30k limit but ALSO included payments for: Arrears of Wages Holiday Pay Loss of Notice pay which I'm aware are taxable, but all tax was deducted at source via. PAYE anyway. I'm just double checking as I assume all these figures should still be included on my Self Assessment despite no extra tax liability actually being due from me. Thanks for your help!
Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 13:47:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

On page Ai2 of SA101, is a section for ""Share schemes and employment lump sums, compensation and deductions, certain post-employment income and patent royalty payments"". Box 5 is for ""Redundancy, other lump sums and compensation payments – the amount above the £30,000 exemption"" and box 6 is for any tax taken off. There is an equivalent box in the online tax return, under additional information. It will have the same description, but a different box number.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.