Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 05 Sep 2022 14:04:15 GMT by YYLo
I am qualified for split year treatment under case 4. My total foreign interest income & dividend plus UK interest income is less than 2000GBP starting from the date of split year treatment applied. Do I need to register for self-assessment and submit tax return. Kindly advise.
Posted Thu, 08 Sep 2022 12:47:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, you will need to register for Self Assessment, to claim split year treatment.  You can do this here:

Register for Self Assessment

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 09 Sep 2022 08:44:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 25

Yes.  In order to claim split year treatement, you need to declare it on a Self Assessment Tax return.  

You can register for self assessment here:

Register for Self Assessment

Without it, you would be deemed to be resident for the full tax year and taxable on all of your worldwide income in the tax year.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.