Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 17 May 2022 14:39:41 GMT by raynet
Hi, I am UK tax resident. And I am a contractor work for foreign company. For my understanding, I also need to pay tax on that country, and can roughly calculated the tax amount. And would like to claim foreign tax credit relief. I am filling the self assessment form. Since I am not sure the exact amount of tax will be paid at this moment. How can I fill the amount in "Foreign tax paid" under section "Foreign tax paid on employment, self-employment and partnership"? Thanks
Posted Wed, 18 May 2022 11:00:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You can estimate your figures on the self assessment form if you are awaiting the actual amounts. 

You would inform us on the form that you have estimated figures. 

You can amend your tax return at a later stage if these amounts differ. 

See guidance on Foreign Tax Credit Relief :

Relief for Foreign Tax Paid 2022 (HS263)  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.