Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 26 Dec 2022 23:27:11 GMT by Petra Novak
Hello, In addition to the regular job I started earning a small additional income in October 2021. I registered as self-employed (i got my UTR number) in November 2021. As the tax year ends on 6th April 2022, I wonder if I should fill in the self-assessment for period between October 2021-6th April 2022 or any other months? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Petra
Posted Thu, 29 Dec 2022 15:01:15 GMT by
Hi Petra Novak,

For the Self Assessment tax return, you will include all your income and tax already paid for the whole tax year, ie 06/04/2021 and 05/04/2022.

You will tailor your online tax return to show your Paye Income as well as the Self Employment income and expenses.

See this link for further help and guidance completing the tax return. 

Self Assessment tax return

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.