Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 16 Jun 2022 10:42:22 GMT by fadman
Hi, For self-assessment tax return 2021-22, I entered the income from the properties and the expenses. The property was empty and not generating any income for 3 months, but it was rented out for 9 months. Should I enter the Total rental income for the 9 months only? OR Should I enter the Total rents for the 12 months and declare a loss £££ of income for the 3 months? IF yes, then what is the name of the field that I should enter the loss of income?
Posted Thu, 16 Jun 2022 13:30:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 26

You will enter the actual rental income received in the tax year.

Further guidance is at :-

Work out your rental income when you let property

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.