Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 20 Jul 2022 16:12:25 GMT by john McCarthy
2022 was the first time paying tax myself (via an accountant). My accountant submitted my accounts ect and i was waiting to find out what i owed. Then I got a letter say i had missed the self assessment payment. This was the first i had know about what i was meant to pay. I spoke to my accountant who had said since covid he had a few clients this had happened to. The first letter had not been received and it could be appealed he would do this. So in the mean time i paid my tax amount owed minus the late payment fee. Since then i have had another letter saying i still owe this, have called accountant a few times no reply. Am i too late to appeal this myself? as i had thought he was doing this for me? any advice or feedback would be appreciated. Thank you
Posted Thu, 21 Jul 2022 12:59:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
If you have made the payment, you can submit an appeal against the penalties using the SA370 appeal form.
Self Assessment: appeal against penalties for late filing and late payment
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Fri, 22 Jul 2022 16:15:14 GMT by Neil Trueman
I am no longer self employed...I have been employed for over 6 years now...but I had a bill for unpaid tax this week for over £5000...I have called..messaged and still nothing... When I came off self employed..I rung and was told that it was sorted out... How do I stop these bills ...? Thank you in advance
Posted Mon, 25 Jul 2022 13:19:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

You will need to contact our Self Assessment department who can check why you are still receiving these letters if you were informed
that the record had been closed.

See link:

Self Assessment: general enquiries      .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.