Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 13 Dec 2022 21:08:23 GMT by Alison Hogg
Hopefully not a silly question but I assume that to complete a self assesment for a jointly owned rental property I should split the rental figures in my self assesment. It is over the £2.5k threshold.
Posted Thu, 15 Dec 2022 16:46:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

Where the income from property gross profit is over £1000.00, the profits need to be reported on SA105.  

If the profits are jointly declared, then each recipient needs to report their share on SA100 and SA105.  All expenses etc should be split in the same proportion as the profits. 

Tax-free allowances on property and trading income

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.