Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 18 Oct 2022 16:11:30 GMT by tama0915
I'm a freelance actor, I worked in different theatre companies by project, like three months or two weeks contract. All the fees are transfer to my personal account. I don't have any business account. Am I a self-employed ?Do I need to fill and submit SA103 form?
Posted Mon, 24 Oct 2022 13:25:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
As a freelance actor, you are considered to be self employed.
Your trade is that of an 'actor'.
If your turnover exceeds £1000.00 in a tax year, you will need to complete a self assessment tax return.
You can register for self employment at :
Set up as self-employed (a 'sole trader'): step by step

You must be signed in to post in this forum.