Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 16 Oct 2022 18:56:27 GMT by cal
My wife and me moved from HK to UK through BNO visa in Sep 2021, both of us are not being employed during Apr 2021-22. However, we've sold our property and came to UK during the year. May I know if split year treatment suitable for our case? I've applied for both Government Gateway and NI number but the web page can't confirm my identity. My wife doesn't have Government Gateway and NI number.
Posted Thu, 20 Oct 2022 15:54:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi cal,

You will need to review the guidance at:
Residence, domicile and the remittance basis: RDR1
and complete the tests, to work out if the split year treatment applies in your situation.  
We are not able to advise whether split year applies or not.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.