Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 16 Mar 2022 17:35:22 GMT by Bear82
I started the self assessment route on advice from my company 3 years ago to claim the difference in fuel allowance paid against what was set by HMRC. The first year i had a successful, claim, the 2nd year they somehow took it back again! I am now in the 3rd year and i am directly employed with a single income taxed at source as PAYE, yet on completion i seem to owe over £1500. How do I challenge this? i tried phoning, got passed on twice with an hours wait and then they hung up on me. I am told I need to write to them but cannot find an address.
Posted Thu, 17 Mar 2022 11:33:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 26

The address for our Self Assessment department is here:

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.