Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 01 Jan 2022 20:44:52 GMT by Sarah Grace
I am currently working for 2 businesses but i'm not sure how to file my self assessment for these? I've entered the two businesses under the self-employed section but it's asking for certain information that I don't have access to. For one of them I get paid on a monthly basis and work full time (5 days a week) and the other is different. Could someone help please?
Posted Wed, 05 Jan 2022 14:53:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If these are both self employed income then you will need to complete a separate section for each trade.

If you have 2 employments then you need to enter these under the employment section of the return. 

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 05 Jan 2022 20:40:46 GMT by Sarah Grace
One of them is on a consultancy agreement. Would this be classed as self employed? The other is freelance - working for a business.
Posted Mon, 10 Jan 2022 12:48:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 24


Please check the guidance below to see if these would be classed as self employed.

Working for yourself

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.