Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 05 Jul 2022 01:26:06 GMT by WC
I login to the link and I find that I can use Business Tax Account to make a Self Accessment. I click the "Complete and file tax year 2021 to 2022 Self Assessment return" and I can fill in the detail of my property. Could you let me know if I can file a tax return online in this way ? As I know, there is an alternative ways of filing tax by posting the paper forms to HMRC. So, if I can file the tax online, I should not be required to make this by paper forms, right ? Thank you very much!
Posted Wed, 06 Jul 2022 10:39:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you were non-resident for the 2021/22 tax year, you should not use the government gateway to file the return,
you must use third party software or a paper return.

Please see the 'when you cannot file online' section. 

See link:

File your Self Assessment tax return online  .

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 11 Jul 2022 00:19:01 GMT by WC
Thank you officer. Which third party software should I use?
Posted Tue, 12 Jul 2022 13:55:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

We can't advise of which one to use, the list is here :

Self Assessment commercial software suppliers .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.