Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 03 Aug 2022 18:53:06 GMT by Samantha Steadman
I am completing my first self assessment return, I am employed and also self employed. I have entered all the info but when I view the final calculation it is based on a personal allowance of £12570 when my actual tax code was 1296L so £12960. Is there anyway to amend this?
Posted Thu, 04 Aug 2022 15:01:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 30

You will need to check your tax code as there are extra allowances. These could be a number of things from expenses to pensions relief. Based on what is in your code, you will need to tailor your return to match. If it is expenses, there is a further question at the employment page asking if you want to claim. You would answer yes for further boxes to appear.

If is is pension relief or gift aid you will be asked these questions in section 3 of Tailor your return

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.