Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 24 Jan 2023 15:54:03 GMT by Beth Collins
Hi My employment income is £119,000 and I have paid £20,000 into a private pension (relief at source, so £25k grossed up). I entered the £25k pension contribution on page TR4, to qualify for the additional 20% relief, but I also need to enter my adjusted net income to ensure my personal allowance isn’t reduced. My P60 info (including income) was auto-populated - that’s my only income so do I adjust that figure (I.e. £119k - £20k = £99k), or do I enter the adjusted net income somewhere else? Thanks
Posted Fri, 27 Jan 2023 11:59:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Beth Collins

You don't enter your adjusted net income on the tax return.

This is calculated by the entries you put onto the form.

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.