Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 18 Jan 2022 10:34:11 GMT by psouper
Hi I registered as self employed in Jan 2021. When completing the tax return should I just cover the three months from Jan to April 2021 and split allowances accordingly i.e allow for 1/4 of the trading allowance 1000/4 = £250?
Posted Tue, 18 Jan 2022 13:46:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

No you can claim the full trading allowance for the year.

This does not need to be apportioned. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.