Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 14 Jan 2023 17:16:58 GMT by Barbara Hodges
I am UK resident and domiciled but also a US citizen. I have a passive holding in a US mutual fund which sends me "Total Ordinary Dividends" and "Total Capital Gain Distributions" information that I declare in the US. Each is over the level at which you start paying UK tax. They are reinvested rather than paid out in cash to me. Do they need to be declared here? If so, what categories should they be put in in Foreign Income? Capital gains distributions has me particularly flummoxed.
Posted Wed, 18 Jan 2023 09:06:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Barbara Hodges,

Please refer to guidance at Tax on foreign income

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.