Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 21:20:57 GMT by Emile
Hi, - First, could you confirm that the interests from tax-free savings accounts in France should be reported in the UK? - If yes: the account can be held for several years, and the interests are only available at redemption. Is there a reduction if the holder was not resident in the UK for several years (similarly to for the life insurance)? Kind regards, Emile
Posted Wed, 14 Sep 2022 16:36:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Interest from tax free savings account in France would be taxable in the UK.
It is only France that is allowing the account to be tax free.
The income would be taxable at redemption, if you were resident in the UK for tax purposes at that time.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.