Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 03 Aug 2022 14:16:48 GMT by k.iri
Hello, I have a couple of questions. 1) What is the fastest way to register for self assessment if I don't have a UK passport? I tried online but the system doesn't let me. 2) If I work as a contractor for a Finnish company, which is not registered in the UK, thus is not paying NI for me, Should I register for SA1 form and select foreign income? 3) If I work full-time for them, what should I select there? 4) As far as I understand, I have to pay national insurance along with a tax (as in a DPNI scheme), is it applied automatically or I should fill in another form for that? Thank you!
Posted Thu, 04 Aug 2022 14:36:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 24

You should be registering as self employed.

Please refer to guidance at:   Register for Self Assessment

This will also answer the NI query.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.