Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 04 Mar 2023 13:23:57 GMT by Claire_Reed
From my self assessment I owed both tax and capital gains. Paying the tax was simple but I cannot see where to pay for the captial gains?
Posted Tue, 07 Mar 2023 15:25:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If you have declared your Capital Gains in your Self Assessment Tax Return and not using the online service, then it is paid alongside your self assessment tax liability. 

Further guidance on paying Self Assessment Tax can be found at:

Pay your Self Assessment tax bill 

If you have used the online Capital Gains services, you can log into your Capital Gains account and pay the tax from there.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.