Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 06 Apr 2022 11:50:59 GMT by Moira Doyle
Which paper form do I ask for for Capital Gains on sale of French house - sa106 is all I can find? Also I had to have tax representative for French tax and a substantial amount of money is being with held as Social Tax for France but the tax representative has informed me there is new regulation in French Tax that if I can supply certain proof of use of recognised 'social schemes'' in UK such as NHS and State Pension I will get the money. So far nothing has satisfied as proof. Can you advise how to obtain this proof for me?. I am 79 years old in June and do not work so do not pay any National Insurance. If I cannot supply the form of proof required can I deduct this amount with held as part of French Social Tax - if not how long must I wait to get the money being with held before deducting it for UK Capital Gains? Many thanks.
Posted Fri, 08 Apr 2022 11:18:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Moira Doyle,

The SA106 is correct.  
All income from abroad should be declared on the Foreign Pages.  
With regards to supplying proof from NHS / State Pension, please contact DWP:
Contact the Pension Service

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.