Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 17 Nov 2021 13:49:06 GMT by Mark
I'm a director of a Ltd company. The company has contributed directly in to my personal pension. I understand that this is a chargable expense as far as the company is concerned. Do I need to record it on my self assessment? If so, how? Following on from that, if I do not, does it then not count towards my adjusted net income? (I use tax free childcare so if it didn't that would be good to know - appreciate that this question isn't quite self assessment aligned) Thanks, Mark
Posted Thu, 18 Nov 2021 11:40:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 29

If this has been paid before tax, then any tax relief will automatically have been given and this would therefore not need to be reported on the return.

You can find guidance on adjusted net income here:

Personal Allowances: adjusted net income

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.