Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 29 Jan 2023 11:08:43 GMT by Clemence Bodart
Hi there, I am preparing my tax return with the UTR number assigned to me when I arrived in the UK in 2019. But when I look at the previous tax returns made by a tax agent on my behalf, I realise they had used a different UTR number that I cannot access online. So basically, I have one UTR that I can use now but shows no history, and another one with my tax history that I cannot use. The two UTR numbers relate to the same person, name, and NIN. I am afraid HMRC will say I failed to complete my tax return on the UTR number previously used on my behalf... Do you have any suggestions/tips? Thank you
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 13:53:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If you submit the return with the UTR that you can, and contact our helpline after 72 hours we can refer this to the processing office to confirm the correct UTR to use, and reallocate the return if necessary.
Self Assessment: general enquiries

You must be signed in to post in this forum.