Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2023 11:00:18 GMT by FR
I have acquired Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) from my U.S. employer, which underwent vesting during the current fiscal year. A portion of these RSUs was employed to offset the associated tax liability at the time of vesting, and subsequently, the vested RSUs have been duly documented in my P60. Moreover, within the same fiscal year, I sold a portion of these RSUs, realizing a gain that remains below the capital gain threshold. Is it necessary to include these RSUs in the Foreign Income section or any other part of my tax return, given that they are already documented in the P60 and, consequently, constitute part of the reported income?
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 08:09:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi FR,
Yes  The income is included in your P60, but you paid tax on them in the US.
You can claim a tax credit for up to 100% of the overseas tax paid, so that there is no double taxation.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.