Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 14 Jan 2023 14:03:08 GMT by KSDZ91
Hi there, This is hypothetical at the moment, but what are the steps in relation to payments on account for someone who ends up earning more, not less, than the previous year? There are instructions for reducing payments on account, but no instructions for increasing them as far as I can see. I note that HMRC's website says 'if you underpay, you'll be charged interest' - is there a way to immediately arrange payment of the difference in these circumstances? Many thanks.
Posted Wed, 18 Jan 2023 12:12:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi KSDZ91,

There is no process for increasing  payments on account and no interest is charged if the actual amounts are higher than the estimated ones.

Please see this guidance to explain how you can pay your Self Assessment tax bill weekly or monthly.

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.