Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 18 Jan 2023 16:29:29 GMT by Michael
I have used the FTX cryptocurrency exchange in the 2021/22 tax year, but as the company is now insolvent there is no way to access transactional data, and any assets that were on the exchange are now irretrievable. How do I declare this on my self assessment? Do I report any deposits into the exchange as a capital loss? Thank you
Posted Fri, 20 Jan 2023 17:00:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

You can find guidance here:

Negligible value claims and Income Tax losses on disposal of shares (Self Assessment helpsheet HS286)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.