Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 04 May 2022 18:41:54 GMT by letap73
I am trying to register for self assessment to obtain a UTR and complete a 2021/22 tax return, using the online form, but i have received this email message, and I am sure that everything was entered correctly: Unfortunately we are unable to process your registration form for Self Assessment as the form is incomplete. The form cannot be sent incomplete - thus the message makes no sense. I have tried to contact HMRC by phone to seek clarification - however, I get an automated voice which is difficult to listen to because it always breaks up. After about 10 minutes of this I get cut off. I have no idea of where I am going wrong. All I am trying to do is receive a tax rebate for a contribution to my SIPP and would use another means of reclaiming this tax if this was possible.
Posted Fri, 06 May 2022 13:35:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi letap73,

If you do not meet any of our SA criteria you may not need to complete a tax return to claim the refund, you can check the criteria here
Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return
and information regarding tax relief for contributions here if you don't meet any SA criteria
Tax on your private pension contributions

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.