Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 15 Jan 2022 19:44:39 GMT by Adam Willden
I already have a tax code which shows I have marriage tax allowance being transferred to me from my spouse. How do I include this on the self assessment tax return? I can see the button if I wanted to transfer my tax allowance to my spouse, but I can't see how to say I've had it transferred to me. I feel like this belongs in one of the final under/over payment boxes (relating to my tax code) but I don't know which and it doesn't feel right when reading the descriptions.
Posted Mon, 17 Jan 2022 15:13:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You can't add that you receive Marriage Allowance when completing the return.

Once the return is submited it will automatically be updated to put the Marriage Allowance on
the return and generate a new calculation.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.