Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 17 Jan 2023 16:12:43 GMT by Chaten Parmar
Hi, The text explanation for the Child benefits charge and adjusted net income is a little ambiguous. I'm self-employed and have business expenses eg. cost of running the business - stationery, insurance etc. To calculate my adjusted net income would I enter my net income (profit after business expenses) or keep the business expenses in. eg. Income £70,000 Cost of running expenses £10,000 Would the figure I need to enter be £60,000 or £70,00 (and then do the gift aid and pensions contributions calculation). Thank you.
Posted Fri, 20 Jan 2023 15:00:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

It would be profit after business expenses.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.