Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 06 Jan 2022 15:34:32 GMT by Patrick
I moved to Portugal in 2019 and I am now a tax resident here. I still have property that I let out in the UK. I believe that this property income must be taxed in the UK through the self assessment tax return. I also have income from my Portuguese employer that is taxed here in Portugal. My question is: do I need to declare this as foreign income through the self assessment tax return?
Posted Mon, 10 Jan 2022 15:39:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

As a non resident , you will only report your UK income to the UK.

You therefore only need to report your property income and NOT your Portuguese employment income. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.