Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 19 Oct 2022 10:57:49 GMT by hanklewong
Dear Officer, I had moved to the UK on 16 Feb 2022 via BNO Visa. I checked the Statutory Residence Test and I should be a non-UK resident? (met to 2.3 Third automatic overseas test) and had no UK income for 21/22 tax year. In this connection, do I need to submit Self Assessment for 21/22? If I already apply for the UTR and confirmed I'm not a tax resident for the 21/22, how to tell HRMC to cancel the filling of the 21/22 tax return? Thank you so much for your attention.
Posted Mon, 24 Oct 2022 12:51:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you are non resident in the UK 21/22 and have no UK taxable income in that year, then a tax return would not be required. 

You can check this at :

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.