Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 19 Oct 2021 08:29:05 GMT by webcosta
Hi everyone, As share owner and director of a UK registered Ltd company I have received dividend. The HMRC site requires a UK post code and two of several UK specific documents to register. Being non-resident and non-UK citizen, how should I register for self-assessment? Thank you
Posted Wed, 20 Oct 2021 07:06:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You will need to complete the onscreen form to print and send to hmrc.

See link:

Register for Self Assessment   .

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 20 Oct 2021 07:25:06 GMT by webcosta
Hello, thank you for answering. Registering for Self Assessment is exactly what I was trying to do. But in that process, the system asks for a National Insurance Number, which I do not have, or post code. When I enter post code, an error message appears "There is a problem We could not find any records that match the details you entered. Please try again."
Posted Thu, 21 Oct 2021 12:02:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 9

The on screen, fill and print form lets you state you don't have a NINO and don't have a UK address. You won't be able to use the online form which looks to register you for an online account.

Thank you. 
Posted Sat, 30 Oct 2021 12:19:15 GMT by webcosta
Ah, apologies, I didn't read your the first answer thoroughly enough. The fill-in and print form works like a charm. Thanks a million

You must be signed in to post in this forum.