Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 27 Mar 2023 15:10:22 GMT by Lorraine SS M
Hello, I made two payments in Feb and Mar 2021 to pay for a total of 9 years' shortfall in NICO. I was given a reference number and a sort code 08-32-20 and a/c no. 12001004. I still have shortfall years to make up so I want to make another payment this month before the cost goes up. Can I use the same sort code account number and reference number to make the new payment? I know the exact amounts needed for each shortfall payment, from my HMRC client space. TIA
Posted Fri, 31 Mar 2023 13:11:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

We ask that you call us to receive a new 18 digit reference number, as the number is unique to you and the payment you are making, this also allows us to ensure your account is up to date as quickly as possible once the payment is made.  

We are aware that our lines are currently very busy, however the deadline for paying years prior to 2016 has now been extended to the 31st of July.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.