Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 20 Jul 2023 22:00:49 GMT by Angela
Hi, I work in a warehouse as a part-time warehouse clerk, earning about £350 a week, but my employer does not help me pay taxes and asks me to do my own tax return. How should I declare my own tax return and apply for a UTR number? What tax return form do I need to fill in? Thanks Angela PAN
Posted Fri, 28 Jul 2023 09:40:37 GMT by Angela
Hi Angela,
If you are self employed, you would register for Self Assessment as self employed.
HMRC would send you a 10 digit Unique Taxpayer Reference number (UTR) for subitting a tax return, so that you can pay tax and national insurance.
The tool here:
Check employment status for tax
Will help you determine if you are employed or self employed.
If you are employed, your employer should be deducting tax and Nationa Insurance.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.