Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 15 Nov 2021 12:18:47 GMT by ju8689
Hi, My parents who live in France want to make a £5000 gift to me. They want to put in the account that I have in France. I'm a UK resident. Do I have to declare this to HMRC ? Would I be taxable and by how much (if you've got an idea) on this ? Many thanks !
Posted Tue, 16 Nov 2021 13:08:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

You would not need to declare the £5000 gift for Income Tax purposes, but if this account generates any interest in your name, then you would need to report this for Income Tax. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.