Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 05 Aug 2022 12:13:10 GMT by 50276880
I am UK Tax Resident in 2021/22, as sole trader, IT consultant company. I work in UK home, and my customers are HK based companies, who pay HKD dollar to my HK bank account by month. So, as my case, First, should I put this income on Foreign Income SA106? or Self Employ SA103? Second, which currency rate should I use to convert HKD income to GBP income for inputting tax form? Thank you for help.
Posted Fri, 05 Aug 2022 15:21:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi 50276880,
If no tax is being deducted in Hong Kong, you can just include it within the self employment page.
If tax is being deducted and you want to claim foreign tax credit relief, you need to show it on both (this doesnt double the income).
For the exchange rate, refer to guidance at:
Exchange rates from HMRC in CSV and XML format
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.