Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 23 Dec 2022 11:29:25 GMT by Ascet
Hi, I am a UK Tax Resident who will be moving out of the UK in early April. In other words, I will not be Tax Resident from that date (and for the next year). I thought I could apply for a Split Year Treatment, but later realised that I would not meet Case 1 as I would be moving out too late in the tax year for me to satisfy the overseas work criteria. If so, how can I communicate my date of moving (which I believe will be the 3rd of April)? Can I do so using "Box 40: Any Other Information" on the "Residence, remittance basis etc" form to include the date I officially move? Furthermore, will HMRC request a Payment on Account during this Tax Year given that I will not be Tax Resident in the next?
Posted Fri, 23 Dec 2022 16:48:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

The 2022 to 2023 tax return and supplementary pages will not be available to download or complete online until after the tax year ends on 5 April 2023.  

As you will be resident and taxable for the whole tax year, you could note the date you left the United Kingdom on the additional information box on page TR7 of SA100.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.