Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 02 Oct 2022 21:08:22 GMT by 510
Hi I'm currently holding some mandatory provident funds in Hong Kong (from my previous employments before I become a UK tax resident). Understand that pension funds from previous employments are not subject to tax when I redeem the funds. How about transactions made on those pension/provident funds, e.g., if I do some reallocation of my holdings (switching among them or to new funds), do I need to consider and report potential capital gain tax? Thanks and regards!
Posted Wed, 05 Oct 2022 12:55:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please see :

Capital Gains Manual   and :

CG67690 - Pension Schemes: Lump sums receivable    and :

CG67691 - Pension Schemes: Life policy assigned   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.