Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 17 Dec 2023 10:06:03 GMT by
Recently had a request from HMRC to file a self assessment to pay this charge which I have done for 2022-2023. However I was not aware of this charge so was wondering how I would pay charges for previous years?
Posted Thu, 21 Dec 2023 11:50:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Phil Laird,
Please refer to:
High Income Child Benefit Charge
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 28 Dec 2023 10:23:25 GMT by
Hi Still unsure about how to register for previous years? Could you be more specific? Do I need to phone the helpline? Do I need to send a letter?
Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 09:31:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi P L

To register for previous tax years for Self Assessment you can submt a SA1 form or contact HMRC.
You can submit the SA1 online at Register for Self Assessment if you are not self-employed.
You can contact HMRC at Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.