Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 23 Feb 2022 10:47:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

The email regarding an Annual Tax Summary would have no involvement with the repayment being issued.

Any attempts to verify online would not stop us issuing the refund.

If you contact our Self Assessment helpline they can view the position regarding the repayment :

Self Assessment: general enquiries   .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 19 Apr 2022 10:30:06 GMT by Darren Woods
Hi , last year I had a horrendous time proving my I.D for checks . I provided a years worth of bank statements , a birth certificate , provisional license and much more , it took 8 months to complete the checks . Is it possible for lightning to strike twice or will it be registered somewhere that I've provided lots of I.D to prove who I am . Secondly , I requested a repayment on the 8/4/2022 after my self assessment was processed , how long is it likely to be before payment is sent if i dont have last years issues. Thankyou for you time . 
Posted Wed, 20 Apr 2022 08:07:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

We can't confirm from this forum if your repayment has been selected for additional checks or advise when the repayment would be released,
you would need to check the progress with our Self Assessment department.

See link:

Self Assessment: general enquiries  .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 07 Jun 2022 16:34:59 GMT by Matt Millard
Hello, my son has just completed his first years self employment return and is due a refund. We have searched everywhere as to where he enters his bank details but to no avail. There is a section where he can enter his ID but only if he has a Northern Irish driving licence. Can anyone advise us as to where we go from here?
Posted Wed, 08 Jun 2022 13:46:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
In order to claim a repayment online, the system will ask additional verification questions.
If he is unable to pass these questions he will need to contact our Self Assessment department to request the repayment.
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thankyou.
Regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.