Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 13 Nov 2022 17:26:30 GMT by Christy C
Hi I just arrived from UK from overseas last year, and eligible for split year SA109 treatment. Does the split year start date apply to National Insurance reporting. For example, 1 July 2021 arrived UK (stayed in airbnb) 1 Aug 2021 got UK tie (long term residence home) 1 Aug 2021 my split year should start on 1 Aug, and I only need to report overseas income from 1 Aug 2021 How about National Insurance calculation, shall I input the overseas income from 1 Aug 2021 to calculate the national insurance (NI)? Or shall I input overseas income earned since 1 July 2021 to calculate the NI? Or shall I include overseas income earned for the period before arriving UK for NI calculation. Thanks for your advise. I have called the hotline several times but no one can advise me. Your advice is highly appreciated, as I was not able to report NI without knowing it. Thanks.
Posted Mon, 21 Nov 2022 13:24:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Unfortunately, there is not enough information to enable us to give an informed reply, the Helpline is also not designed to answer the query.
You will have to put your questions in a letter and supply which country you have come from and work in, who you work for and who holds your contract, also if the work is temporary or permanent.
The address you can write to is:
International Services,
BX9 1AN.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.