Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 14 Jun 2022 00:50:11 GMT by Erasmus Nel
I sold a property and and submitted an online Capital Gains Tax return. I paid the CGT due as required. I then completed SA and included details of the capital disposal on this return. The result of this is that I have overpaid Capital Gains Tax - it is shown on my SA return calculation. I then went back to CGT online and it adjusted to correct amount and I resubmitted. How do I claim back the overpaid CGT and get fully refunded? The CGT Online system does not indicate / show record the overpayment, but I still have the payment receipt and reference.
Posted Tue, 14 Jun 2022 08:14:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You will need to telephone in to confirm your bank details to allow a referal to be made on -  0300 200 3310.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.