Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2024 12:06:07 GMT by Stefanie Lynn-Heyck
Hi there I have moved to Germany last summer, were I am now permanently resident as a tax payer. I still need to complete a tax return in the UK for rental property income (and for self-employed income leading up to our move). Do I have to declare my self-employed income from Germany for August 2023 - April 2024 in the UK tax return? If yes, in which section, line etc? I will be taxed on this income in Germany. What do I need to do, to make sure that I don’t pay UK tax on this income? Thank you.
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2024 09:51:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
No, you only declare the selfemployed income up until you left.
Thank you.
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2024 06:40:07 GMT by Stefanie Lynn-Heyck
Great. Does the same apply to capital gains from sales of stocks etc?
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2024 11:08:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi ,

Sales of stock when not UK resident would be taxable in Germany and not the UK .

Thank you .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.