Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 22 Sep 2022 13:04:44 GMT by J Goodwin
Hi, after having been resident in the UK all my life, I moved permanently abroad last September to work full time in Italy. Having read the guidance I am eligible for split year treatment, and understand that in this case I should only declare my income from the UK part of the year. My question is about when the UK part of the year ends. Is it in September 2021 (when I moved to Italy to work) or in January 2022 (the point from which I have been considered tax resident in Italy). Many thanks for your help.
Posted Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:43:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi John Goodwin,

The overseas part of the tax year is the period which starts on the date in the tax year when you cease to have a home in the UK until the end of the tax year.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.