Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 26 May 2022 10:28:24 GMT by David Bancroft
My mother set up a Loan Trust in the form of a Bare trust many years ago. This has now been surrendered and I am the beneficiary of the income from the trust. The original loan sum has been repaid back to my mother. How do I declare this on my self assessment form. The sum I received was after deduction of tax at the basic rate.
Posted Fri, 27 May 2022 10:56:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi David Bancroft,

Please see guidance on Trusts.  
Bare Trust income should be declared on a Self Assessment Tax Return form.
Trusts and taxes

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.