Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 25 Oct 2022 18:00:22 GMT by LindMK
Just completing my self assessment for 21/22 and checking through all the figures I noticed my Company car usage to be as high as the previous year. Issue is, I returned the car on Sept 30th 21 as I changed to a job that is deemed as not needing a company car. The car was picked up by another employee and all arranged through the person who deals with our car fleet. I told HMRC online that I no longer had a car. On checking my P11D I’ve noticed my company has said I have had the car for 365 days and not the 178 days. How do I resolve this? I have informed our HR system but how do I sort with HMRC too?
Posted Fri, 28 Oct 2022 12:32:04 GMT by LindMK
Just checking if my company are correct in saying the onus is on me with the P11d mistake as I should have checked what they submitted. They say I am liable to pay for their mistake which obviously amounts to extra tax for me and a repay of child benefit even though I never had the car. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted Fri, 28 Oct 2022 13:45:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You will need to have your employer submit an amended P11D with the correct car benefits. This will allow HMRC to update our records.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 29 Nov 2022 16:18:27 GMT by LindMK
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
Posted Fri, 02 Dec 2022 12:10:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Please contact our Income Tax team, if we are unable to update the figure, we will be able to advise on your next steps.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.