Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 06 Nov 2022 15:45:42 GMT by Matthew Coleman
I moved to the UK from the USA in July 2021. In March 2022, I received a bonus from my old USA employer for work I did before moving to the UK. The bonus was taxed in the USA. Do I need to report this bonus in my self-assessment? The "Employment" section seems to be specifically for UK employers.
Posted Thu, 10 Nov 2022 10:52:33 GMT by Andrew Williams

As a UK tax resident, the income needs to be reported.

You will show this as PAYE employment and also as foreign income in order to clam foreign tax credit relief for the tax already paid in USA. You can see more information here:

Tax on foreign income

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.