Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 18 May 2022 21:30:16 GMT by Rudy
Good evening, my wife has received a letter from HMRC informing her that there are information showing she may have received overseas income or gains that she may have to oay UK taxes on. She has no overseas properties, funds, shares or forms of income since she moved to UK in 2013. There is a current bank account (not savings account) in Euros which was opened before moving out of Italy with very little money on it and no interests being gained. Would that be a potential source of overseas gains foe HMRC and therefore requiring to be declared, despite not generating any profit? Thank you in advance for the assistance on this matter.
Posted Fri, 20 May 2022 13:57:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Any interest accruing in a foreign bank account should be declared to HMRC.
However if there is no interest or any foreign income to report then I would advise speaking to your tax office to confirm this is the case :
Contact HMRC
Posted Fri, 20 May 2022 19:29:52 GMT by Rudy
Hi, thank you for your reply. Could you please clarify how I contact my tax office? Is it by calling 0300 200 3310? Many thanks
Posted Mon, 23 May 2022 09:58:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

It would be the contact number listed here :

Income Tax: general enquiries    .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.