Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 29 Jan 2022 12:09:15 GMT by mjack
I cannot complete my tax return because when I tick no in the foreign income box I get an error message saying I do have foreign income. I do not have any foreign income
Posted Mon, 31 Jan 2022 16:39:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi,

You will need to select "delete this section" on the first page of the foreign section to remove this from your return.

If this is just a warning message then it can be ignored and you can move on.

Thank you.

Posted Sat, 09 Jul 2022 15:10:55 GMT by KumarRaj
Dear HRMC Admin Could you please help on following queries? 1. Does life insurance policy, purchased in home country India before becoming a UK citizen, need reporting for UK tax purposes? Policy situation: No more premium is being paid, it has not been surrendered yet, policy is still active, and it will itself complete its full term in 2045, and then it will be paid back whatever its value is in 2045. 2. Does investment in share market, done in home country India before becoming a UK citizen, need reporting for UK tax purposes? Investment in Share market situation: No more investment is being done in India share market, but the already purchased shared are just sitting there in the account, the overall investment is showing complete loss for quite several years in a row. Waiting for overall share values to come near the purchase price or bit of a profit, then sell and close the share account. 3. Does interest from fixed deposit done in home country India before becoming a UK citizen, need reporting for UK tax purposes? FD situation is, money remain invested in India and not been bring to UK, with the current intention of going back to India in later age times. 4. Does interest from fixed deposit done in home country India after becoming a UK citizen, need reporting for UK tax purposes? FD situation is, money remain invested and not been bring back to UK, with the current intention of going back to India in later age times. Currently I am UK citizen and UK taxpayer, salary only my source of income in UK. Please help.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.