Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 03 Jul 2022 19:46:00 GMT by DJ M
Hello, I have paid all tax from my main job via PAYE for the 2021/22 tax year. I need to declare some additional income earned that tax year from freelance work - I cannot see exactly where on the site I do this? Or will I need to fill in an SA100 and post it off? It says: "You paid the right amount of Income Tax for 6 April 2021 to 5 April 2022 You paid £xxxx Based on the information that HMRC have, £xxx was the right amount of Income Tax for you to pay. Check your Income Tax summary for the current tax year, 6 April 2022 to 5 April 2023 Is this page not working properly? (opens in new tab)" I cannot see a button to add additional income. best regards, DJM
Posted Tue, 05 Jul 2022 12:42:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If the option is available there would be an option for 'what makes up your tax-free amount'.

If this is not available for 21/22 you would need to do this by telephone or in writing.

You should check our SA criteria tool to see if this would need to be reported on a tax return.

See links:

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return  and :

Income Tax: general enquiries   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.