Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 08 Nov 2022 16:35:33 GMT by KKK Ma
I am filling the online self assessment form , can you advise how I can trigger / add the SA 109 form to provide info relating to split year , residence, domicile etc ? I cannot find this SA109 part with the online assessment tool . Thank you
Posted Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:28:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

You cannot file the SA109 onlne using HMRC software. You will need to buy 3rd party software or file a paper retrun. Please note, you cannot file online and then send a paper SA109.
See link below:

Self Assessment commercial software suppliers

Thank you.

Posted Mon, 14 Nov 2022 15:10:01 GMT by Dennis Marsh
Dear Tax Team, I am a non resident landlord and I used to have access to the Gov Gateway in order to do my SA, now I have not. How do I get my access back in order to my self assessment please? FYI I have been resident in Switzerland (therefore not EU) and have never had a problem accessing my SA and gov gateway until now. My username and password still work but I am blocked after signing in from continuing. I am an Italian citizen therefore cannot provide a UK passport, UK driving license or UK credit reference. FYI I have been waiting for hours to get through on your helplines but nobody ever answers. Can you please advise what I need to do/to whom I should speak in order to get my full access back? Thank you
Posted Thu, 17 Nov 2022 15:02:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If you cannot pass identity verification but need to submit an Self Assessment tax return, you can follow the below guidance.

You may be able to file your Self Assessment tax return online using HMRC's business tax account.
  • sign in at Sign in to your HMRC business tax account
  • select 'sign in'
  • enter your Government Gateway User ID
  • enter your Government Gateway Password
  • select 'sign in'
  • we will send you an access code to the phone number you registered with, this can take a few minutes to get the access code
If you have any further issues, you can contact the online services helpdesk.

Technical support with HMRC online services

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.